DAY 1 - 12 SEPTEMBER
Keynote Presentation: Industrial IoT and Digital Twin strategies that scale and transform your enterprise
Billions of IoT devices will connect with the cloud over the next five years. With IoT continuing to converge with AI, robotics, satellites and 5G, oil and gas enterprises and utilities are tackling big problems in infrastructure, production, and the environment using cloud technologies. But how do you get started and separate dream from reality? Yasser Alsaied, VP of IoT at AWS, will introduce audiences to the new IoT and digital twin technologies and AWS partner solutions that are transforming upstream, midstream and downstream operations and helping customers transition to new energies. Through demos and customer stories, Yasser will explain how businesses like DCP Midstream, Hilcorp, and Invista are increasing operational efficiency, transforming processes and asset management, and acting upon real-time insights at scale.
Keynote Panel - Realizing economic and environmental value from digital transformation projects – digital efficiency tales from the front line.
- Delivering and proving ROI on your digital transformation projects
Michael Moore, Ph.D. will be sharing strategies and approaches for leveraging the industry-leading graph data technology to build large-scale digital twins capable of unifying data across disparate sources, delivering rich analytics, and supporting near real-time monitoring of critical assets. With a graph database, you can easily understand and query the relationships between devices, networks, sensors, and users. Also hear how Neo4j digital twin analytical use cases include interventions, predictive maintenance, bill of materials management and network dependency analyses.
- IoT vs. Industrial IoT
Our world is transforming and rapidly becoming more digital - we are on the cusp of a location aware IoT driven technological revolution, affecting most, if not all, industries. With billions of connected sensors deployed on assets and networks, and in products around the world, companies are collecting and processing data at a higher frequency than ever before - creating a digital ‘nervous system’ for just about everything that we do. The challenge that continues to plague many organizations is how to make effective value-driven decisions from this wealth of data, in the context of their real-world operations.
Many organizations are looking for help and guidance in applying technologies appropriately to improve situational awareness, create measurable operational efficiencies, and optimize performance metrics. This presentation will outline the systems to accept, manage, analyze and help recognize patterns in your data streams to create value today.
- Value of asset centric fleet management
- Understanding what a Knowledge Graph is and why is it a powerful digital twin model technology
Panel - Designing a Digital Twin Blueprint for oil and gas companies: aligning people, process and technology
- How work is transformed through new/different workflows in the digital and what that means out for the work front.
David Lafferty - Scientific Technical Services
Keith Johnston - Chevron
Nadine Herrwerth - TWTG
Taha Syed Hussain - Delek US
Jonathan Kyle - Amazon Web Services
- What are the practical steps to build a plant digital twin?
- Human Centric vs System Centric - The twins are different
If you can't measure it, you can't manage it, or improve it.” This variation on a famous quote by management guru Peter Drucker has been a driving force in managing people and processes in the most successful companies over the last century. When it comes to everything else, you need IoT to measure it and digital twins to manage and improve it. The drive toward net-zero emissions is an all-hands-on-deck imperative requiring new levels of innovation throughout the oil and gas industry. Join Rob as he shows you how digital technologies like digital twins and IoT have an important role to play in this transition.
Trends driving the need for new strategies and techniques for protecting OT and IoT assets in the Oil & Gas industry
Last year's ransomware cyberattack on Colonial Pipeline laid bare the severe consequences such attacks can have on vital infrastructure and operations. Join Microsoft's Energy IoT Industry Solution lead, Jeff Bennett, to examine the trends driving the need for new strategies and techniques for protecting OT and IoT assets in the Oil & Gas industry, as well as:
Jennifer Hohman - Seadrill
Angela Haun - ONG-ISAC
Al Lindseth - CI5O Advisory
John Taplett - Ceritas
Kevin Kumpf - Cyolo
In the most recent Mandiant cybersecurity and detection response analysis, it was found that more than 95% of attacks began with an intrusion into IT systems that lead to attackers pivoting into the IoT environment, costing billions of dollars in lost productivity and recovery expenses. This presentation will focus on practices and a 62443 based mechanism to protect IoT systems from untargeted, highly-damaging threats.
- Information Management overview and where cybersecurity fits in
- Defining real-time versus checklist or periodic cybersecurity
DAY 2 - 13 SEPTEMBER
PJ will outline the “story” of how IoT got started in Oxy - how quickly they were able to prove value and the challenges faced when moving to production. He will also focus on the Gas Lift Optimization use case and share some high-level architectures and technology choices.
- Discover the power of real-time and continuous analytics, digital twin, robots & drones, and wearable devices
- Emission tracking and monitoring through IoT devices
Case Study – Pioneer Natural Resources work with IOT and Blockchain - utilizing GPS to transform the Chemical Delivery
• Main drivers for Oil & Gas companies for Digitization initiatives – why some of these fail and others succeed. How can digitization be accelerated, securely, and with minimal disruption?
- Automatically planning efficient customer delivery routes
- Why IT/OT collaboration is important
- Advances in sensor, real-time, and edge data - unlocking the potential of unprecedented data
This presentation will discuss the role of engineering, cultural enablers, data governance, and architecture in ensuring that you and your teams are poised to leverage your great influx of data.
• Validated patterns in IT automation remove bottlenecks and delivery harmony to integrated IT and operations workflows.
• Deploying machine learning on edge devices
- Frequency drive architecture with advanced security features and the ability to operate as a network device with DAQ front end.
- Architectures for IIoT are often based on sensor-to-cloud connectivity that ignores or bypasses the facility’s industrial control system.
- Logical capabilities and physical location for computation and data
Realizing immediate benefits to Health, Safety, Environment and Operations by connecting legacy assets to the Industrial Internet of Things, utilizing rapidly deployable LoRa Networks.
- Identification of immediate ROI from IIOT project investment
Panel: Ensuring connectivity continues to enable digital transformation - supporting the autonomous fields of the future
- Evaluating the latest connectivity technology and solutions
Wide area High Bandwidth Communications for the Oil & Gas Industry: New Options for Terrestrial and Space Based Networks
- Needs in the Oil & Gas Industry for IoT